Conservationists, local governments and Southern Gulf Island residents are celebrating a new regional park.
Their successful fundraising campaign has allowed for the purchase of 26 hectares on Mayne Island known as St. John Point.
“Together we have assured the protection of this magnificent stretch of Coastal Douglas Fir landscape and over two kilometres of coastline,” said Malcolm Inglis, president of the Mayne Island Conservancy, in a news release.
- Conservation on Prince Edward Island, Island Nature TrustNovember 27, 2018 - 1:32 am
- New Gift at Rainy Lake, OntarioNovember 27, 2018 - 1:30 am
- See beautiful St. John PointJanuary 8, 2018 - 3:53 pm
- Beloved New Reserve Inspired by Happy Old MemoriesDecember 28, 2015 - 9:22 pm
- Echo Island, Ontario (Rainy Lake Conservancy)May 5, 2014 - 5:13 pm
- Grand Manan, Bay of Fundy – Partnership with The Nature Trust of New BrunswickDecember 6, 2013 - 5:12 pm
- Mabou Highlands, Nova Scotia – (Nova Scotia Nature Trust)November 20, 2013 - 5:08 pm
- Robinson Woods, British Columbia – (Gabriola Land and Trail Trust)April 14, 2013 - 5:10 pm
702 Kentucky Street, #663
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: (360) 515-7171